The New Marana OG - Chase Hawk Signature Colorway - Click Here I get it! Thanks!

« Prev - Sally in Cooler Magazine | Potter & Dusseau at Irwindale - Next »

etnies & Autism Speaks for World Autism Awareness Day

Apr 5 2011 / Tuesday

Save the .mov (112.27 MB)

Last Saturday was World Autism Awareness Day and the perfect opportunity for etnies, Autism Speaks and the A.skate Foundation to have a full day of free skate clinics for kids on the autism spectrum. With the help of more than 40 volunteers, including etnies team riders Jose Rojo, Kyle Leeper, Devine Calloway, Kyle Loza, Nathan Williams and Ashley Charles, 80 children of all ages made it out to the etnies Skatepark of Lake Forest for one-on-one skateboarding lessons. Whether knowingly or not, we've all found skateboarding to be a unique social outlet and to share that, especially with kids who often struggle with social interaction, is something you can't help but smile at. Seriously, watch the video and when it's done, check your face... You'll be smiling.

6 Comments etnies & Autism Speaks for World Autism Awareness Day

1. Daamm VERY nice!!

Giuliano Galhardi Motter
  2. Soooo much respect for etnies, i want those rvm's :D

Zach
  3. My son had a great day. What a wonderful event. Thank-you and much love and respect to everyone involved.

Christina Burleigh
  4. Thank you all soo much for allowing my boys to be a part of an amazingly awesome experience. It's hard to express how difficult it is to bring happiness to an autistic child. Most times you have to find a skate park that's empty and quiet otherwise they get frustrated or ran over. My boys haven't stopped wearing their shirts and showing off their decks...MUCH LOVE. Mahalo

Erin Wetzel
  5. thts really cool guys tht u r doing this my brother is 19 and he is autistic and i have helped him my whole life and i work during my summer break helping autistic kids it called the (yess program) it is alot of fun and it is very cool to see u guys doing this.

matthew gonzales
  6. Hey it's great etnies doing this, I was smiling by t he end of the video!

kurtmorrison