Yeah, we just added two panel discussions for the L.A. Skate Film Festival!
Space is limited.
Free entry. But you HAVE TO sign up by emailing your first and last name, and company to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: September 1st, 2010, from 10am-12pm at the Downtown Independent Theater, 251 S. Main Street, Los Angeles, CA
10am-11am: “3D Today and 3D Tomorrow” presented by:
• Moz Mirbaba, Co-Founder and Executive Producer (WINDOWSEATpictures)
• Matt Devino, Skate Filmmaker and Lead Editor (WINDOWSEATpictures)
• Jason Goodman, CEO (21st Century 3D)
Moderated by Steve Luther, Brand Marketing Manager at Converse
11am-12pm: “Visual Effects Integration in Skateboard Filmmaking” presented by:
• Jerry Spivack, Owner and Creative Director at Ring of Fire
• Joby Barnhart, Executive Producer (Rabbit)
• Jacksonkarinja, Directors (Rabbit)
Moderated by Greg Hunt, skate filmmaker/photographer
The panelists will introduce the different steps in making a clip with visual effects, from pre-production to post-production. Pre-production topics will cover the essentials a filmmaker should be aware of prior to shooting, and the role of the visual effect company at this stage. Post-production topics will cover the visual effect development process to briefly illustrate tracking, modeling, animation, fx and compositing. Shot breakdown will be used during the discussion.
Finally, the panelists will discuss the solutions for doing small-scale visual effects in your garage.
- WINDOWSEATpictures: Founded by Creative Director/Director Bill Kiely and Executive Producer Moz Mirbaba, WINDOWSEATpictures is a full-service production and editorial facility with a unique vision. Using film and video to create marketing solutions to engage youth culture audiences, WINDOWSEAT’S inventive take on production has garnered the appeal of major brands such as: Vans, Nike Snowboarding, O’Neill, Converse, REEF, Billabong, Anheuser-Busch, General Mills, Monster Energy Drink, Mattel, US Air Force, Maloof Money Cup, NBC, CBS, FUEL TV, and Fox Sports to name a few. For more information about WINDOWSEAT, visit www.windowseatpictures.com.
- Century 21 3D: 21st Century 3D is internationally recognized as an industry pioneer in the area of stereoscopic content creation and technology development. Over the past 17 years, 21st Century 3D has designed and built numerous 3D camera systems and developed exclusive technologies including the world’s smallest and lightest RAW recording high definition stereoscopic motion picture camera system the 3DVX series and the highly versatile BX3 optical beam splitter.
- Rabbit: Throughout literature, folklore and pop culture, the Rabbit is famed as a trickster, an upstart, a lovable rogue. It is also a new model for a production company. With a talent pool extending from Manhattan to Hollywood and from Silicon Valley to Europe, Rabbit defies easy categorization. Except for its mischievous nature, of course.
- Ring of Fire: A digital design and effects studio launched in 1996 specializing in visual effects and animation. Partners, Creative Director Jerry Spivack and Executive Producer, John Myers lead the team of some of the best digital artists and designers in the industry as well as veteran visual effects supervisors and producers in daily efforts to constantly challenge and exceed expectations.