Black Friday-ish Offer: Jameson 2 X 1 - Second pair for FREE! Use Promocode: JAMESON2X1 I get it! Thanks!

Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm PST

« Prev - Geiselman Wins No Fear at the Pier Pro Jr. | Ahh, Beaumont - Next »

Jeremy Carter RIP

Jul 10 2006 / Monday

Tragedy has struck the moto industry and the Carter family as Freestyle Moto rider Jeremy Carter drown on the 4th of July on a lake near his home in Coarsegold, CA. just up the mountain from Fresno near the entrance to Yosemite National park. This comes as a huge shock to all who knew him as he grew up in the lakes and rivers surrounding Yosemite and was a skilled water man.

After speaking with his longtime girl Misty today she said that there is no conclusive evidence of what happened to Jeremy. He is survived by Misty and his young son Jadyn and the many friends he made around the world while riding his dirt bike.

Jeremy found his way to an early jump show in Modesto, California where he tried out for the closed event and still found a way to become a competitor near his home in Central California. Jeremy went on to compete in events both here and in other countries and rode at the highest level of the sport while competing at the X Games. Jeremy later decided to take a break from competition and became a freestyle judge and full time demo rider. Many that knew Jeremy will tell you that he was never out for blood at events and it was a more appealing way of riding to do demos with your friends instead of competing against them.

The attached photos are from a recent trip that the San Clemente groms (OX, Fluffer, Garland and Bean) took with Trigger and I to see our buddy Jeremy, Grant Tiel, and the whole Trimble clan. Jeremy took us to ride near the gateway to Yosemite and all of the bike stuff is at that area and you can see Carter wearing his retro Honda gear, he was always a knucklehead.

Although Jeremy was doing backflips on the bike it was his 6 guns that we spent some time developing over the years, more as a joke between announcer and rider but it turned out to be his signature move.

God bless
Cameron

Jeremy has been on etnies and a big supporter since the begining of his career...he always rocked the the sick old etnies jerseys with his own unique style. Jeremy will be deeply missed. RIP

In memory of our good friend we made a little wallpaper of Carter doing what he loved to do...riding his dirt bike.

Check out this thread on FreestyleMTX for some more cool photos and memories.

26 Comments Jeremy Carter RIP

1. man i will miss you jermy you had talent

??????
  2. he roked i feel bad for his family

??????
  3. rocked

??????
  4. man that sucks, i feel bad for his family too, im sry.

Haley
  5. Jeremy was a great rider he will be greatly missed

Drew
  6. Kristi and Matt Love you JC:) RIP

Matt and Kristi
  7. Jeremy was one of my closest friends. I will miss him and his crazy wonderful unique style forever. I love you my friend. See you again someday

Ernest (Erin)
  8. IF YOU DON'T KNEW WHO JEREMY WAS, GO WATCH THE MOVIE CRUSH. THEY FILMED A WHOLE PART OF IT ON HIS PROPERTY. ITS SICK SHIT. HE WAS OUR LOCAL BOY. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOUR FAMLIY. I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU BRO EVERY TIME I ROCK MAMI TRAILS AND DRIVE PAST THE TRIMBLES TRACK. R.I.P.

BORNDIRTY
  9. R.I.P MY DEAR FRIEND JEREMY CARTER...I'LL MISS YOU LOTS...AND TO MY GIRL MISTY I LOVE YA AND I'LL BE HOME TO VISIT YOU SOON!!!MMMMWWWAAAAHHH!!! JAYDEN I LOVE YOU TO LITTLE BUDDY

MONICA
  10. RIP Jeremy, each time I see Motocross of any kind, I'm gonna remember you.

...
  11. JC, you touched anyone who had the blessing of crossing your path. My entire family will miss you! Have faith that we will all love and take care of your's. Misty and Jayden, remember: we got your back!

B
  12. jeremy u were the best in the world and u will always be remebered as the best!!rip well all miss u dearly

Timothy
  13. I followed his career in FMX and thought man this kid is awesome. Actually got to meet him in Phoenix during an FMX exhibition at Cooperstown. I was amazed to see him ride because he could hardly walk but when he got on the bike it was like a miracle happened. I was so stoked because he was my idol. I found out about the tragedy during the X games. I have to say we are truely sad. God bless Jeremy and family

Gene Swanson
  14. U are still remembered in the X-games

Isaac
  15. damn....we will all miss u bro...and so misty and jayden im sorry for ur loss...my heart goes out to u....words just cant explane....Rest In Peace u will never be forgotten in my heart...17

leon
  16. Rest in peace Jeremy, you are an inspiration, you will always be remembered...

Dave
  17. This is a tragic loss for moto x but even bigger for life. The infectious smile he had when he was riding will never be forgotten. Yuur buddy Buyten was jumping for you tonite bro when he brought home the gold in the Step Up.
    RIP and God Bless

PigPen
  18. To all who knew Jeremy and to the motox world..
    it's always a sad time when one has fallen and moved on.
    Our hearts go out to his son-Jayden and his lady-Misty.
    Sending hugs to help you go on for another day.
    Take strength in all who reach out to you.

Much love,
    Cat. and the 'Suspensions Unlimited Sandrails Crew'

SUgirl
  19. jeremy, rest in peace my friend..... you will always be remembered in my mind as a amazing guy and rider...

R.I.P and love

cj keossaian
  20. i cant believe it...
    i feel so bad for the family and his close friends... it sucks...

R.I.P Jeremy Carter
    we love you and your amazing

mimi
  21. got to know jc at a demo in upstate ny we all hung out at this dudes recording studio near malta ny and jammed and drank and had alot of fun while the first day got rained out. i will miss him alot and will always charish all my signitures from "him"jc, metz, byte,mr.rock solid and everyone who singed my old moto 4 it was so cool to meet hang and really get to know everyone, i even got some vidio of them singing and jammin and getting crazy. will remember for ever, thanks!!

earl the squirrel jennings
  22. hey u know jeremy was so asome he rocked at the x games and everything RIP jeremey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaitlin
  23. some things in live just don't make sense.......RIP Jeremey

Demonoid
  24. jeremy carter will be remembered always and forever
    I have come
    To realize
    That time is so dear
    When you are no
    Longer here
    I cling to memories,
    Sweet bitter memories
    That brings you near
    If only
    I can touch you again
    Without bringing back the pain
    Feeling your presence
    That you are not really
    Very far away
    That would bring back
    The joy and magic
    Of being again
    Together
    I know you are
    Just a whisper away.

kaci
  25. we love you jeremy carter!!!

kaci
  26. HITS 200+ DIRT TO DIRT HITS BUT DROWNS IN A FUCKING LAKE. W.T.F. ITS BULLSHIT. I,M POORIN ONE OUT FOR YOU RIGHT NOW BRO!!! RIP.

BORNDIRTY