The New Fall Apparel Collection Just Arrived - Shop Now I get it! Thanks!

« Prev - Beach Motocross | Your Last Chance to Win! - Next »

No Skateboarding Day In Lebanon, PA!

Jun 28 2006 / Wednesday

NSD

On June 21, Go Skateboarding Day, the skaters of Lebanon, PA. were out skating the town to raise awareness about Skateboarding and to celebrate Go Skateboarding Day. It was during their cruise around town, on public streets & sidewalks that over 30 of them were stopped by the police and issued over $10,000 in fines ($300 per skater).

They were not on private property and they were not doing tricks, they were simply cruising around town enjoying their sport.

Please take the time to write a quick e-mail to the City of Lebanon regarding this incident at cityadmin@lebanonpa.org

Please write Attn. Mayor Anspach & City Council in the subject line.

Please repost this to as many myspace friends as possible and ask that they do the same. Thank you for your time.

26 Comments No Skateboarding Day In Lebanon, PA!

1. wow what dey got against us skaters we do nothin wrong and the cops still harass dont dey know skating is the REVOLUTION!

andre
  2. what the hell cops fucking suck

3. dang man

dood
  4. fuck thats the reason ppl hate cops...and yet they are there to serve and protect...not lure and detect
    cmon straight up hate there...
    if its go skateboarding day it should be legalized everywhere...geez

Peter the guy
  5. FUCKING COPS !!!

tom182
  6. thats fricken gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like onestly what is there problem?

aunt jamima 194
  7. i'm a skateboarder from portugal and when i read this shit was shocked...i belive that kind of opresion is like an attack to the freedom of exprexion of those skaters and a scandal worldwide to the skateboard comunity...(sory about my bad english).
    if someone whant's to get intouch here's my mail : sk8_jump€hotmail.com

viriato marques
  8. that sux! its so freaking stupid! go skateboarding is global...that sux...someone should support them

stupid and lame!
  9. cop hate skater cause we are sppose to be all punk and bad but i am not...well mabey bad so they target us

Nick
  10. Yes but, if they were doing nothing that was illegal then the charge is indeed hot air. But if there was underlying, hidden factors...

I sent a letter to the City of Lebanon and City Council.

~Jacqueline R./Deane Renata

DeaneRenata
  11. everyone should write to the city.. and maybe take the damn cops to court. it should be a good case
    the cop going "i arrested them because they were having fun and i'm an asshole"

P
  12. what the heck they had to pay 300 bucks for doin nothin.

atlsk8club leader
  13. and if they got arrested for just cruisin on there board then we would all be in jail!!!

atlsk8club leader
  14. That is so fucked up

spoon
  15. FUCKING PIGS!!!!!!!!!!

spoon
  16. anybody out there??????

zippy
  17. thats bull shit we can skate if we want to.

zippy
  18. i can't skate for shit but ye lol

ric
  19. screw the cops!!!! we can skate if we want to. that sucks!

ash 420
  20. cops r so retarded!ppl get fined jus 4 having fun? wats ^ w/ that?

sadiez
  21. Yeah, i was there. the cops said that once they got to us, we couldnt be controlled.
    bullshit we were jsut standing there.

dane
  22. Yeah dude thats so gay, I was with them and the cops said were blocking traffic on a two lane road. How the hell are skaters going to block traffic there werent that many of us and we were spread out for blocks we werent all in a group.

Justin
  23. Fucking gay, who the hell gives a fine for skating on skate day, minding own business. I was not part of the fines, but it is absolutely ridiculous, giving a fine for skateboarding, who the hell does that?

fuck that

Nick
  24. yea i was part of that, i stopped after a while cuz the sidewalk was all cracked, and as i came over ther hill i saw about 30 skaters and 2 cop cars, one of them a k-9 unit with a dog that wouldent shut the hell up. the one op tryed to scare us i guess. he kept saying "i missed my lunch and nobody makes me miss my lunch" theyfined 2 11 year olds and every body else. i hope they build some kinda parking complex so we can shread it. and get out monsys worth

Peace

Zach
  25. Good for the cops! Those kids have no right being outside having fun getting fresh air. They should learn to stay home, eat their sugar, play X-Box, and grow boobs like the rest of their classmates.

This isn't the least of what cops do to kids everyday. I've been street skating for over 20 years and have been more then ticketed for skateboarding, the worst being hit by a police car in a parking lot for skating, only to be put in the back of the car with a fractured ankle, held in the car in the sun for 45 minutes while the cop radio'd in my ID with the windows up. When he was done he let me out of the car, threw mt board at me and told me to "go buy a life"... I was 14.

I was also put in jail for two days in Milwaukee for skating with a few friend back to our car from a 7-11. It was a Sunday and no one was on the streets at all. We saw the cop driving down the street the same way we where skating, he drove past us and waved his hand, we didn't know what he had motioned so we skated up another half block or so and he skidded the car around 180 in the middle of the street like he was a stunt driver and drove up on the sidewalk and gunned it right at us on the sidewalk. At this point I was like "oh crap what's going on here?" So I got off my board and just stood there. They both got out of the car guns drawn telling us to get on the F'n ground, face down, nose on the cement... So all four of us did. Me (30) my friend Jeff (28) Kevin (27) and Kim, Kevins sister (15). So we layed there on the ground and waited for them to call a wagon. I asked what this was all about and the cop said it was for being a faggot skateboarder. So we layed there on the ground for about 15 minutes or so while the cop told us all what a hot piece of ass Kim was.

Another fun one was the time we where skating a handrail at a church and a priest came out of the church with a shotgun and told us we where going to hell. he cocked it once and shot into the air.

I could go on for days with stories like these, cops are terrible people in general, not all are bad but I've found small town cops are the worst, they have no real job besides handing out tickets to speeders and going out on domestic fights so when they get a chance to flex they do, they could care less if it's a kid like me who just got back from Iraq or not... I protect them so they can hassle me for skating down the street, that's freedumb for you.

still just a bill
  26. Kids,

One more thing, the only way for you guys to really fight this is to protest. Make signs and go to city hall and protest, don't take your boards they will just arrest you again. maybe see if all your parents will go with you to the next city council meeting.

Don't settle for cages (skateparks)

still just a bill