We love Brooke, our first etnies Girl of the Month! This multitalented gal can run a 10K, skate with the boys, whip up a vegan casserole or knit a scarf like it’s nothing, plus she always manages to look completely adorable. How does she do it? Lucky for you, she let us in on her favorite beauty products and tips.
Brooke’s Top 10 Beauty Picks and Tips
1. Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer: I had sworn off foundation (why cover up your beautiful natural glow with a pasty, powdery finish?) until I tried it. It's easy to match and makes your skin sooo dewy.
2. MAC Cosmetics Pro Longlash Mascara: There were none before and there will be none after. People always ask me if I curl my lashes or if I'm wearing fake ones and I'd say I owe at least 80 percent of that to the little black wand.
“Why cover up your beautiful natural glow with a pasty, powdery finish?”
3. Rosebud Salve: If I could only have one beauty product, this might be it. I use it to soften my hands (I swear it even cured my eczema), as eyelid and lip gloss and to highlight my cheekbones. The rosy smell is heaven!
4. Bumble & Bumble Does It All Styling Spray: Don't be scared by the Aquanet-esque can, this spray gives your hair that coveted day-after-you-washed-it look with non-crunchy hold. If you want that sex kitten with big hair look, "Does It All" is your best friend.
5. Icing your face: It gives you a headache, but I swear by rubbing ice all over my face every night. It shrinks pores, reduces redness and swelling and mellows zits out.
6. Benefit’s Dr. Feelgood: Basically a little tin of heaven. Apply it all over your face before anything else and it fills in pores, gives your skin a vitamin C boost, soaks up oil and makes your skin so pretty, you don't want to put anything on over it. Of course, if you decide to go for foundation over Dr. Feelgood, it will glide on and blend like never before.
7. Nars lip gloss and blush: I don't specify colors because I've never found one from Nars, no matter how bright or subdued, that doesn't look amazing. The blushes come in fun colors that blend seamlessly and the glosses are the perfect consistency.
8. Philosophy Hope in a Jar Moisturizer: Finally, I can live next to the beach and not feel like I have oily face every time I step out of the house! Hope in a Jar makes my face so soft with no icky film.
9. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate: You always read that exfoliating your face everyday is too harsh, but what they don't tell you is that you can get rid of dead skin cells and make your skin glow through exfoliation daily as long as it's a refined exfoliant (i.e., no sharp edges in the exfoliating beads).
10. Nivea Dry Skin Formula Lotion: It's super hydrating and smells faintly of roses. Everyone I've ever recommended it to becomes a lifelong devotee.
Share Your Beauty Tips
Do you have your own list of favorite beauty picks and tips? Share them with other etnies Girls by emailing etniesGirl@soletechnology.com.