• Carlos De Andrade was in San Francisco over the weekend with the World Industries team skating and shooting photos with Jaya Bonderov of TransWorld. Along with Carlos was teammate and flow-rider for Etnies, Jason Jones. Carlos and Jason have been coming through with all sorts of tricks throughout the trip, updates will be made.
• Fabrizio Santos is working on a Rookies video part and interview with Ricky Bedenbaugh for 411. Ricky’s been filming the Breeze all summer and hopefully it will be done soon. Now that Fabrizio switched to Shorty’s skateboards, there will be a lot of work for him to do letting people know.
• Rob G has been skating a lot and going out with photographers and filmers everywhere. Since he's on a mission to blow-up his new board company, Populis, he’s on fire right now to get stuff done. He is planning to go on a month-long trip throughout Asia with a bunch of skaters for a Slap article, as well as filming with Anthony Clarvall for 411.
• Chris Lambert will be leaving at the end of the week for a six day trip to Japan along with team riders from Expedition, Organika and DGK. While there, Chris will be meeting-up with distributors and doing some demos, then, he'll make it back in time to go to Houston, Texas for the Make A Wish demos.
• Lincoln Ueda is feeling a lot better now, a week-and-a-half after taking a gnarly slam off the side of the ramp down at the Oceanside contest. He’s been touring around with Tony Hawk recently for the Boom Boom Huck Jam show. Where he’s been taking it easy while rehearsing for the show, since he’s not 100% yet.
• Zered Bassett is definitely going off right now. I talked to Giovanni Reda recently and he told me that Zered has a lot of good photos coming out really soon. Seems that Reda’s been collecting a bunch of photographs for an interview. Zered placed 10th in the WCS contest last week in Toronto, Canada. Slap magazine also wants him to go on the Asia trip that they are planning for November, but I believe he’s going to the Make A Wish benefit in Houston, Texas instead.
• Ryan Sheckler is now back from Australia, where he had an amazing time being part of a contest where he was the grand prize. Four skaters from four different cities won Ryan for a day and got to go skateboarding with him. Well, Ryan’s back now and he has just realized that his foot has quickly grown a whole size—from a size five to six. Ryan will be a teenager in December. Uh oh, look who’s growing up.
• Josh Harmony will also be leaving town soon with Thrasher photographer Mike Burnett and some Toy Machine team riders to go on a road-trip to Texas. While there, they will be meeting-up with Nate Brossard, who will be taking everyone around to all the Houston skate spots.
• Tony Silva spent the majority of last week up North, skating in San Francisco, San Jose and Hayward with photographers Pete Thompson (Transworld) and Joe Brook (Slap). Good friend, Populis am and Etnies flow-team rider Raymond Molinar was in San Jose skating with Tony E and PJ Ladd last Friday night. Tony and Raymond definitely took care of business up North. Look out for Raymond’s am coverage hitting the mags soon.
• Tino Razo is back in effect after not having a phone for two months. He’s been skating with Thrasher photographer Pat O’Dell and friends.
• Stefanie Thomas was in a contest last weekend put on by her local skatepark and placed 5th out of sixteen guys in the finals. She also just got back from Miami, where she skated throughout the city with local friends for a week. She’s stoked on skateboarding right now.